Atlanta Intellectual Property Lawyers
Need an IP Lawyer? We can help.
We advise our clients on certain intellectual property matters, including copyright and trademark matters. Our attorneys have experience working with clients who have questions about registering or licensing copyrighted original works of authorship. For more on the benefits of registering a work with the United States Copyright Office, see http://www.plessandsauro.com/copyright-law/copyright-registration/ .
Areas Covered By Our IP Lawyer
Our IP lawyer has experience in the following areas which often involve questions of copyright, trademark, trade secrets, licensing, or intellectual property ownership:
- Technology, SAAS, and Internet
- Product names or Tradenames
- Advertising and Marketing
- Electronic Media, Templates
- Web sites
We focus on the complexities and challenges of our clients’ changing business environments. Our IP lawyer can help clients craft creative solutions to the evolving issues they face. One such situation is when two parties are each contributing intellectual property to a venture or product. The ownership rights need to be spelled out in the beginning in a written agreement. Otherwise, the dispute over who owns future intellectual property rights, such as patent improvements, could result in lengthy litigation. In addition, the ownership rights or continued use of the intellectual property during such litigation process could be uncertain.
Time spent at the beginning of the venture can provide a clear path to enjoying both your current and future IPR.
Our IP Lawyer Can Handle These Specific Matters:
- Registering copyrights with the United States Copyright Office.
- Reviewing due diligence materials that involve intellectual property.
- Preparing and negotiating and drafting non-disclosure, Master Services Agreements, employment, manufacturing, reseller, development, joint venture, licensing, and other agreements that contain intellectual property ownership or assignment provisions.
- Preparing and negotiating purchase agreements or assignments that transfer intellectual property rights.
- Preparing work made for hire agreements. For a more detailed discussion of work-for-hire, see http://www.plessandsauro.com/copyright-law/works-made-for-hire/.
- Preparing and negotiating joint ownership of authorship or collaboration agreements.
- Preparing and negotiating web development agreements.
- Preparing and negotiating publishing agreements.
- Photography, likeness and other releases and licenses.